Wednesday 9 October 2013

The Cloud Game

Well, somehow I managed to drag my sorry ass out of bed this morning at 5am to go for a bike ride before the sun came up. It was sooooo nice riding along and watching it rise from behind the mountains. The sun beams were all yellow and pink on the clouds, I am just sad I didnt take my camera to get a few shots of it! So, returning, triumphant from my cycle, I even had enough time for breakfast. Donna is gonna come with me on the ride tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed I get up, coz my God it really took it out of me. I am writing this now with matchsticks holding my eyelids up. Definitely an ultra early night for me I do believe!

Today was a busy day at school, we had another random newcomer called Syabonga. We already have a Syabonga, so this made it a bit difficult. Syabonga one and two we had to name them. We did some lego in the morning, and I was quite upset when none of the kids were that impressed with the wall I made. I guess a wall isnt very exciting, but all in all they seemed to enjoy it. I got quite into my building. I miss lego. You reach a certain age when buying kids toys for yourself is just weird, so it is great being here, I can play with all of it and just pretend I am doing it for the kids. We have had confirmation today that Magdelene is indeed going to the big school in January. They got their acceptance letters this week and she is off. None of us can believe that they are actually doing this, she is going to suffer there so much. But there is no reasoning with the parents. We just have to try and get her as prepared as we can for it. Such a shame.

Today we also did our town day. But first we had to drop off the two dwarf goats that have been terrorizing the farm for the past few weeks. Ali took them in as a favor to a guy in town, but it soon became apparent exactly why he was getting rid of them. They are the most psycho goats any of us have ever seen. So we were very pleased to get rid of them. The man who gave them to Ali has been no where in sight, and even though we have seen him in town he kept saying he was in Johannesburg. He blocks calls and texts, obviously refusing to acknowledge the goats he so badly doesnt want back. When we finally found their farm, and boy they didn't make it easy, only the wife was around. We sharp left the goats with her and left as soon as possible. For our next job we had to get the tires changed on the bakkie as I think we were one trip away from crashing into a ditch. But it took an hour and a half so we headed up to Spur for a drink and accidentally ran into Johnny, Mene, and J.L Welgemoed. We all chatted and talked about the upcoming weekend, which I am beyond excited about! QUAD BIKING! Before going to do grocery shopping. I can now resist all the delicious food at the bakery there. Living on a farm in the middle of no where is doing wonders for my will power with junk food. I will return to England like a svelte gazelle. Sadly, it will be winter there and I will have been used to 35 degree heat, so I will have to wrap up in about fifty layers of clothing to keep me warm and thus make me look like ive gained a few stone haha.
On our way back from town I started making pictures out of the clouds, and me and Donna were discussing a particular cloud of whether it was a dog or a crocodile. "yes, its a dog, you can see the ears", "no, that's the jaw of the crocodile". When Ali interrupted our magical moment by saying "guys, its a bloody cloud" haha .We also saw a whale cloud, a poodle, and a duck being run over by a bus. Simple things for simple minds i guess....

Oh! and we have had the very first birth of triplet goats here! and unfortunately, they are ALL boys! They are so adorable. Ali has named them after the Welgemoed guys, Johnny, J.L, and Leonard!



Anyway, I cant write any more, I am so tired. I need sleep badly! Night night, Lekker Slaap! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment