Friday 4 October 2013

Rosie Had a Little Lamb

“Rosie had a little lamb
Whose fleece was mucky black
And everywhere that Rosie went
Cade would never just turn back

Cade isnt bright and he isnt smart
For one, he will eat an ashtray for a start
And although he should be weaned onto water
We love him too much to ever send him to slaughter”.




My personal rhyme about Cade the lamb. Oh my days, I went on my run today, in the middle of the day, in the blazing sunshine, and ran for about twenty minutes before I just turned round and saw that Cade had followed me the whole way. He looked like he was about to keel over, but was clearly not bright enough to make his way home. Sheep are not the brightest of animals. So, it was a very short run today. All the farm workers were laughing so much as I walked past them being followed by a mad sheep. He was hyperventilating and everything. .Silly, silly sheep! Then, when I got him in the house to give him some milk he decided to eat the cat food. I swear, this sheep has one solitary brain cell banging constantly against his skull! Other than the sheep fiasco we have had a pretty good day all things considering. We all saw George this morning and my heart just broke for him. He is such a good guy and it was horrible to imagine him in pain over the loss of his brother. I can only hope he finds comfort in knowing we are all thinking of him. It makes me feel ridiculous at times like these when I think of me panicking about rabies and the yellow mongoose, when real people are actually dying and they receive no real medical support or help.

Cade, absolutely knackered after his afternoon jog. 

In lighter news, we had a full house with all the kids today at school. I took my copy of Cosmopolitan to school with me to read in my break, but of course the kids were amazed by it. Charlotte kissed all the models on the lips and they seemed to thoroughly enjoy picking out the clothes they liked haha. They didn’t seem to appreciate me reading out their star signs, but I really don’t think five year old Liesbeth really needs to change her career direction as the sun rises over the Virgo moon. They DID seem to understand when I was reading about a modelling competition where you got R15O,OOO for being “Miss Veet”. Now, everyone wants to be a model haha.
Since it was hot today we went for a nature walk down to the river and to have a paddle about. The water is still freezing but that didn't stop the kids from submerging themselves in the water. Then, after taking their clothes off to keep them dry, they decided to play at “washing” their clothes and actually getting them wet. I don’t want to know what their mothers will say when they get home, but alas I did try to get them to see reason, but they just laughed. I did draw the line though at Patience sucking on her own sock like gum. Such a pretty little girl and then she opens her mouth to reveal her dirty socks..... If I were her relation I would take pictures of these things to show to her future boyfriends haha.

 Thando, Jane, Grace, Oupa, percy, Chris, and Siyabonga. Sharing is Caring!

 Charlotte checking out the fashion tips

Heading out for a walk. 

After school I was in such a lazy mood that I did very little else, the weekend has already taken hold of me and I am submitting to relaxation. So it was a chilled afternoon of knitting, listening to music, trying to go on a run, then a sunset ride with Ali. The horses were as lazy as me, and after the fifth attempt at getting them into a canter, we gave up and just walked. But that was fine by me!

Oh! And we have some new arrivals! Blinkers the goat had twin girls this afternoon! So me and Aly spent a good half an hour just watching them trying to stand and laughing at the attempts. That is, until Godfrey came along looking for something to kill or make babies with, so I sharp cleared out. I really want to name the goats after more Game of Thrones characters. I already have Sansa. So the options are Arya, Cersei, Brienne.....but they aren't really goaty names. I may need to rethink. But anyway, I am going to continue my relaxation and go have a bath, watch a film and knit myself into a coma. My Friday nights are wild!  

 New babies!

 Soooooo cute!

 " I can do it, I can, I can!"

 proud mum with her babies

Godfrey.....the goats are in the trees now.....

No one suspects the peacock....

Lekker Slaap!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment