Monday 11 November 2013

"Mam, the toilet is broken"


This, ladies and gentleman is what our school toilet now looks like after the storm we had last night. As you can see, you can imagine my surprise when I sent Sara on her way to the toilet and she came back saying "mam, mam, the toilet is broken" and I went to check it out to find this! No kidding Sara, I think the toilet is more than broken, it is literally decimated! I cant believe we didn't notice ! And man, the kids had a field day, because as soon as they saw the dilemma, they suddenly ALL needed the toilet. And so they all had a party down in the bushes together, and they took their sweet time getting back to school! 


The damage of the storm is insane! The thunder reverberated through the house, tiles have come off, leaks are everywhere, the pool has had to be drained, beds are soaked, it is ridiculous! AND WE HAVE NO TOILET! Edith and I also had to learn a very tough lesson today, the lesson is "shut the windows of the school every time you leave or you might find that school is completely flooded after a storm". Essentially, we are idiots, and if this was a real job, we would be fired. We are the bankers who caused the economic crisis in England, we are the irresponsible idiots that resulted in us all having to clean up school until 3pm today. We have learnt a tough lesson today, we shall not make it again. In penance for my mistake I offered Ali my bar of very fancy Lindt chocolate. I think she appreciated it, and may be slightly on her way to forgiving me haha, no one can resist creamy hazelnut goodness! 


On a brighter note, we had two new baby boy goats born today. Born on the side of the road in the rockery under the sign for Lydenrust sign, like the cool cats they are! They are so unbelievably cute! And we have yet more names to come up with! Edith and I have already named the last two twins Heidi and Gunter hahaha all in honor of her German Heritage! Now, names for these two cuties. Which are Liam and Luke! They are so cute! I am going to miss goats so much when I go home, they are greatly underestimated animals. They are awesome!

In other news, I dont know if any of you remember me talking about a beautiful white, pure breed Alsatian that is down by the dam where we fetch the kids. He is positively gorgeous, but he has been chained up for two months now, in rain, wind, and blistering sun, he has been chained up, alone and scared. And last night with the storm, he had obviously gone frantic and ran up and down, wrapping the chain harder and harder round his neck. Ali found him this morning almost dead trying to breathe. She tried to get the chain off but it was so tight that she couldnt even get her little finger under it to free him. She was sure that the poor thing was going to die in her arms. She has been in tears all morning over it. She managed to release the dog eventually but had to leave him. We intend on going back tomorrow and buying the dog off them because seeing this beautiful animal being abused every day is just too much to bear. It is truly disgusting, especially for all of us here who love animals so much 


Finally, I am SO excited for tomorrow! We are talking the kids to a bird of prey show in Dullstroom! I have been excited about this for weeks! I have wanted to go for agesss! And now, thanks to them inviting us we are on our way! I cant wait! The kids will love it! They wont believe their luck either, after being to Spur only a couple of weeks a go as well! But it is so good for them to have these experiences! I mean, my goodness, Charlotte, Sara, and Maggi had a fit over the hand dryer in the toilets at Spur! These kids need as much exposure to this stuff as possible! So I am off to bed so I am bright eyed and bushy tailed for our day out tomorrow! pray that this is the end of storms, though I dont think it will be ! Lekker Slaap xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment